Monday, November 10, 2014

MIA, but just recharging :)

I decided to chuck my blogging responsibilities at the end of last week. It felt good to be relinquished of them for a wee while, but I also did miss it. I like the series that I've begun but also feel like I need to think about what the purpose of my blog is. So although some of the weekly series might come and go, I don't think I always want them to be the same every week - You can't tell me what to do schedule!

I also thought that with Goal #11 of my 30 before 30: Make more money from my blog, I wonder whether I need to look at the purpose behind my blog too, to ensure it's doing what it should be. Up until now it's been whatever I want to write about... and it might still be that, just in a different way.

Anywho, I wanted to write about how I'm going with....
... as it's been 2 or 3 weeks. I'm currently down 3 kilos. So pretty solid and steady weight loss. I want it to be slow because that means I'm more likely to keep it off. And you know what.... it's been pretty easy. I haven't felt really hungry at all, in fact, I've been so happy with my change in mood and how I'm feeling about myself that I haven't worried too much about what I'm missing.

Cheat meal is somewhat concerning me at the moment. I was worried about having a 'cheat meal' at the start as it seems more of a diety thing to do, I'm strict on myself 6 days a week and then the 7th day I loosen the reigns a weeny bit, but I talked myself into it as I wanted to ensure I didn't give myself too much permission to eat unhealthily all the time (which, if you're doing things in moderation, should be the way to be, if I want to have fish and chips on a Tuesday rather than Saturday (cheat day) then it's OK cuz I can regulate that somewhere else). I wanted to be strict on myself here as I've tried that before and my old habits die very hard. I felt myself creeping into bad habits during the last part of last week and have promptly given myself a slap on the hand for it. I also got an email from Fit Girls Worldwide which I subscribe to both by email and on instagram and pinterest, which talked about cheat meal not being so good when you're starting out because you're setting up making your body want to crave the healthy stuff rather than the naughty stuff. I'm going to monitor it, at the moment I don't want to give it up... and I am losing steadily. I might reevaluate when that isn't happening.

I had the nerdy little task of going through my 'healthy' pinterest board the other day and came across these wonderful things...





...which are great when I can't get out for a walk. It's really hard having a baby that you need to take with you when the weather is so unpredictable. I was all geared up this morning to head out for a walk when I got home from dropping Leah off at daycare and then it began spitting, and now it's beautiful but Willow is asleep in her cot. Timing is a real bitch sometimes. Although this morning it was not to worry because I did one of these types of workouts. I thought they'd be really easy and wouldn't really feel like I was doing much but man were my legs sore!

Super happy to be looking forward to Wednesday weigh in.
See you later kgs!

No comments: