Thursday, February 6, 2014

"Children must be taught HOW to think, not WHAT to think"


Day 8 & 9:
What I ate today.

Today isn't over, and I find this one incredibly boring on a normal day. So, I'll write what I'm planning to eat?
Breakfast: Morning sickness... nothin'
Lunch: Maybe a slice of pizza if I'm feeling up to it.
Dinner: Spag bol.

Boring huh?

How important you think education is
I must think it's fairly important huh? I'm a teacher! There is a part of the video I am going to attach below that says if the drop out rates in the states of Native Amercians were cut in half (80% down to 40%) then it would benefit their economy by $1 trillion over 10 years. That surely highlights how important an education is right?
I although do think the word 'education' needs to be rethought in some people's minds, as the video also goes over. I agree wholeheartedly with the sentiment of the video and what it says about what some (and unfortunately those who are making legislation) consider to be 'education'. So, without further adieu... I'll let Ken speak for me <3

No comments: