Monday, December 30, 2013

Loving myself again (and other hippy bullshit....)

I've had a loooong time to think. I've thought about why I've been feeling so flat, about what I want out of my blog, about who I actually am; because I think I got lost somewhere, about how I want people to see me, about a whole cast of things to be honest.

I think I've come to somewhat of an equilibrium and I'm really LOVING my school holidays where I'm able to get this thinking done and really just do a whole lot of nothing. The main thing I've been thinking it to take it easy on myself. I'm very tough on myself when I don't get things done, and I think this is why I burnt myself out. I know we're all capable of it, but I feel like I'm uber tough on myself. It's for this reason that I'm not going to be giving myself a challenge in 2014, well, not a giant one like I have been (the 30 things before 30 will just have to wait until next year). Tomorrow I'm going to post about the 52 goals in 52 weeks challenge and all my failures. 'Failure'  being a good thing of course, because if you're not making mistakes you're not learning. 2014 is going to be the year where I focus on myself and do things because they fulfill me and make me happy, not because they're on a list. The list shall evolve! I'm hoping this more flexible approach will mean that I have a happier home and family life, a prettier garden, a more relaxed me, more time where I'm not thinking about all the things I have to do because I've commited to them or they're on a list and where I am thinking about and doing the things that make me happy - spontaneously(!!!) and a whole lotta lovin' of things I love to do.

In any case, I'm feeling better, more relaxed and ready to tackle the blog again.

Which brings me to... dun dun dun duuuuuh!
Yet another challenge. With a bit of a twist. I'm only going to post from these on days where I'm not normally doing another series...like 'things I'm loving' which is set to return this Friday.

This does mean though that today is free for my first post! Talking about 5 ways to win my heart. Oooo, I hope Channing Tatum is reading this... mofo needs to hit me up! I shall write that on a different post heading though so it's easily found.

Back to stay!
xox

No comments: